Fresh Cut Christmas Trees
- Choose a tree that is as fresh as possible; one that has been recently harvested, stored in the shade and kept watered or misted.
- Once you have selected your tree, you need to make a fresh cut on the trunk removing at least an inch of wood so that your tree will be able to absorb water.
- Don’t wait too long before placing your tree in water. If you wait too long, the trunk will cork over preventing any water absorption.
- Never let the water level fall below the trunk bottom for the same reason.
- We suggest using a tree preservative in the water to aid in needle retention.
- Avoid placing your tree under a heating vent. The warm air blowing directly on your tree will cause needle drop.
- Always unplug your lights at bedtime or when leaving your home.